About gold street studios
Ellie Young is the founder of Gold Street Studios. Since its establishment in 1999 gold street studios has become the centre for alternative photographic print processes in Australia and New Zealand. The studios provides a resource Centre for photographic image makers and attracts both local and international participants seeking to advance their knowledge and skills in the art, craft and science of traditional handmade and early photographic print processes.
As the world speeds up and mass production controls our choices there is an increasing desire for hands on creativity and handmade objects, this includes the handmade photograph. In 2000 gold street studios offered some 4 or 5 workshops – in the year 2012 in excess of 40 different workshops are on offer with numerous one to one workshops.
Awards And Achievements: –
- Australian Institute Conservation of Cultural Materials (AICCM).
- Fellow of The Institute of Photographic Technology (IPT).
- Master of Applied Science (Photography)
- Bachelor of Applied Science Photography- RMIT,
- Diploma Illustrative Photography – PSC,
- Bachelor of Business – Monash University.
Awards And Achievements:
- National Gallery of Victoria Trustee Award 2000
- FAB Prize for Research Project (Creative Media)2000,
- Chris Hales Imaging Award 2000
- AIPP Certificate of Attainment 1996
- AIPP Certificate of Attainment 2000
- AIPP Silver Award 2000.
- Plantus Award Lindon Gallery 2000
- PSC Research Award 1998
- Arts Council Acceptance International Flower show 1996.
Collections- Public : State Library Of Victoria – Picture Collections
Collections- Private: Australia, Canada, England, New Zealand and USA
Exhibitions – Solo:
- Twilight Carousel Gold Street Studios & Gallery 2011
- Twilight Carousel Meyer Gallery 2011
- Reflection in Time Falkner Gallery 2010
- Albumen Works Meyer Gallery 2009
- Salt and Paper Meyer Gallery Sydney 2008
- Miscellanea Photogenica PhotoSpace Melbourne 2008
- Wings & Roses 80 gold street 2005
- “from salt to sea” 80 gold street 2002
- “Windows on Wings” Convent Gallery 2001
- for Lylee’ Photographers Gallery 1999
- Soliloquy’ Monash University Business School Gippsland 1998
Exhibitions – Group:
- Carbon Works 2012
- Print Exposed BIFB 2009
- Chiropoesis . Crank Kalman Brighton UK 2009
- Australian Artists Meyer Galley 2009
- Siderotype: Prints in Gold, Blood and Salt. Brighton F Festival UK 2008
- The Print Exposed Falkner Gallery 2008
- Eurobrom 3 Halles St Gery Brussels 2008
- From Ato Z Michaels Alpha Gallery 2008
- Diversity 80 gold street 2005
- The Print Exposed 80 gold street 2003
- ‘Connecting Paths’ Photographers Gallery 1998
- ‘Iconoclastic Plastic’ CCP 1997
- VRPS Monash Gallery of Art.1997
Exhibitions- Open: CCP Summer salon 96,97,98,99,00,01,02,03.04 Lindon PC Show 97,98,99,00,01. “She” Walker Street Gallery 97,98. – “Blue Devil Day” Watch Tower Studio 98. St Kevin’s Collage 99,00.
Commissioned Work: WinPlus Australia, M Interiors -Bisous Creative Services B2B Lawyers, Malika Holdings -Linfox International -Linfox Port Logistics – Fox Forwarding – Portside United – Tribal Rose – Basil Productions – Atlantic South – H & H Marketing – BBBG – Lowther Hall College – Portraits.
Please contact Ellie Young to enquire about services.