September 17, 2022 - September 18, 2022
9:30 am - 5:00 pm
ABOUT LIQUID EMULSION
This unique photographic printing process allows the artist the flexibility to hand coat silver gelatin emulsion on to a wide selection of surfaces including watercolour papers, timber, metals, fabric and glass.
You can select the formula that suits your needs, making it from the raw chemicals and materials.
ABOUT THE WORKSHOP
The two days will cover the following subjects:
- Understanding the difference of formulas of Liquid emulsion
- Preparation of the Liquid Emulsion
- The use of additives to emulsion & surface
- Surface selection & preparation
- Coating techniques & applications
- Assessment of Negatives for Liquid Emulsion printing
- Exposure, Printing & Processing
- Toning techniques
- Finishing techniques & Storage
Students a basic understanding of Black & White darkroom printing is an advantage but not necessary.
CLASS MAXIMUM 2
All materials supplied – includes lunch