- February 19, 2021
9:30 am - 5:00 pm
ABOUT LIQUID EMULSION
This unique photographic printing process allows the artist the flexibility to hand coat silver gelatin emulsion on to a wide selection of surfaces including watercolour papers, timber, metals, fabric and glass.
ABOUT THE WORKSHOP
- The day will cover the following subjects:
- Preparation of the Liquid Emulsion
- The use of additives to emulsion & surface
- Surface selection & preparation
- Coating techniques & applications
- Assessment of Negatives for Liquid Emulsion printing
- Exposure, Printing & Processing
- Toning techniques
- Finishing techniques & Storage
Due to the invariable nature of negatives, the workshop may provide known suitable negatives for exposing. Students will be expected to get their hands wet and also have a basic understanding of Black & White darkroom printing. References are not a necessity.
ABOUT CHRIS REID
Chris Reid, director Blanco Negro Custom Black & White Pro Lab has been printing since 1989. His passion for black and white printing and darkroom skills shows in the quality of his work. He is in high demand from both commercial photographers and the photographic artist. His work has been seen in many galleries across Sydney including the National Gallery of NSW.
Chris’s unique way of imparting knowledge gives a great deal pleasure and success to his students.
CLASS MAXIMUM 3
All materials supplied – includes lunch