29 April to 19 June
The Quiet Landscape
Fine art photography by
Official Opening: 1st May 2011 3pm to 5pm
Runs 29 April 2011 to 19th June 2011
David Tatnall opens our eyes and our hearts to something enduring, taking us to places we wouldn’t normally go. This fine art landscape photographer is deeply committed to the preservation of the natural world.
Tatnall’s photographs have been:
- Wilderness Society’s top-selling poster, selling more than 50,000 copies of the East Gippsland Forest
- Reproduced as posters and in books.
- Held in many permanent collections such as NGV, SLV, MGA, Australian Heritage Commission, regional galleries, private collections and the Australian Embassy in Washington USA.
- Instrumental in support for the formation of new national parks.
- Contributed to the preservation, enhancement and expansion of Victoria’s parks.
For these Tatnall was awarded:
- Honorary Life Membership of Victorian National Parks Association
- Kookaburra Award by Parks Victoria
Tatnall’s new work in The Quiet Landscape presents the simplicity and complexity of the natural world. David is part of this landscape. His quiet appreciation of this world is shared with us in his beautiful traditional hand-made black and white photographs.
This quiet photographer’s work speaks loud enough for public figures such as Senator Bob Brown to view his exhibitions.